Monday, March 14, 2011

No Real Secret

Many have been asking me what avenues I have taken to grow my village. Other than the obvious sources like social media ie face book, myspace and twitter (and many more) I have spent time running ads on Craigs List. This has been somewhat time consuming but has been working for me and others.

Here are some heads up warnings with Craigs List that myself and others have ran into.....

CL does track your IP address (as most if not all sites do) once you have created an account with them. (I suggest you create an account on CL)  Eventually your ads will be what is called "ghosted" (Once you post your ad it is invisible) This begins to happen a lot with the more ads you place. (James and I are talking about more blogs regarding "Ghosting") Also you must change up your ads as CL does not allow the same ad to be placed in Miami and also in say New York. So you must be creative with your ads as well. And in the larger cities CL charges a per ad placement fee so you have to find other categories on CL to place them where you feel they will be effective and get you signups.

So now that I have told you about the negatives by posting on CL what can be done about it and how?

After wearing out my welcome with the first account I had and all of my ads (or the majority of them) were getting ghosted I started another account. After I wore that account out I started a third account. However, this did not help because I was using these accounts from my home which was the same IP address.

To open an account with CL you will need a different email address for each account and also a different phone number. (CL sends a code to your phone you will need to confirm your account) For each account a different phone number is needed. <-----FYI

When I left home I took my lap top with me and when I could log onto another IP (Coffee shop, McDonalds, library etc) and I placed some ads. By doing this my ads did not get ghosted and placed just fine.

Now, I am not sure how you came across Varolo or how you signed up. But, one thing those of us using CL for signups have found is that it a total numbers game. Meaning......If I sign up 10 people then I would be lucky to find one person that is excited and see's the opportunities in front of them. When I sold cars I had to talk to X amount of people...Demo X amount of cars to those people in order to get one sale.....The same goes with Varolo.....So sign up a million people and have 25% of them working for you. I think you get the point.

Many from CL do not activate their link in their email nor do they become active with the site. This leads me back to James' spread sheet. If you plug into his spread sheet all of your signups then it will show you what you could or should be making on a monthly basis ....However there are variables....How many are actually active and working the system? By getting signups from CL you can figure that you will get roughly about 22% to be active in your village. (Based on my average in my village)

James reminded me of something I have talked about before.....Every new signup you get in your first tier you should email them right away. I have emailed them and so has James. Every one of them gets a welcome email congratulating them for signing up. The majority do not respond but no big deal....We are looking for YOU!!!  The jewel....Needle in the haystack so to speak! Again don't forget that this is a numbers game. Find the people who see the forest through the tree's and you will  end up growing. Offer to help them. James and I have put out a proposal to them by asking them for their personal signup link. We posted ads for the people in our first tier to help them get started.

I offered this proposal:

In a nutshell I said I will help them get 20 signups and  in return for their participation with Varolo I asked them to send out the welcome letter to all of the new signups. I also asked them to  log on each day and watch their commercials. The bottom line is I have some fantastic people in my downline.

Spend some extra time, reach out to those you sign up, let them know you are there to support them and you are excited! Get them pumped up about reaching their goals and stay focused. For you, as their sponsor I suggest you answer emails and IM's with quick response (if you can) and see Varolo as a huge future for yourself and the people you sign up. Keep this in mind.....We are a family!

I realize this may seem like a lot of work but you do not have to go to the same degree as me and a few others I know who are posting on CL as well but, I highly recommend opening an account on CL, post 10 ads and just let them run for a couple of weeks. You will have a percentage of them get flagged but that is just the nature of the beast. Last Tuesday late afternoon (the 8th) I posted 25 ads. Out of those 9 were flagged and 5 ghosted leaving 11 good ads running. Since the 8th through this morning I have gotten 109 new signups and I am still getting a trickle effect from those ads. So as you can see a little bit of your time spent placing ads on CL has a solid benefit. Even though there are some road blocks with CL it is worth it.

Below are copies of a couple ads I ran last week...Keep in mind you need to put in your personal link to Varolo at the bottom of the ads.

Ad #1

Come on board with our company and become part of our growing group.

Online testing ads and review/rate them. Compensation on a per ad reviewed/rated and also enteries into out weekly lottery.

Full company summary and a get on board link below

Ad #2

We are a national company in the Beta stage and want to add to our team.

We compensate on a per Ad basis and you also receive entries into a weekly lottery jackpot


More info is listed here
Ad #3

Currently we are in the beta stage and are growing tremendously but need more help.

Our group gets compensated on a perr ad basis by reviewing and rating them.

Weekly enteries into our lottery weekly as well.

Full overview and information below

These ads have been successful for me. They are simple and to the point and take you directly to the video and sign up page with my unique link provided by Varolo that I always put at the bottom of every ad. You can find your personal link on the Varolo site in the profile section.

Before I go I just ran into something that I want to add to this post. A couple of weeks ago I went to Cabelas web site as I wanted to get a new spring catalog. (I love to fish see my pics on face book) anyways, it just came in the mail this afternoon. I took a break from writing this blog and started looking through it....Here is what I found on the inside cover of the first page.

FREE INTRODUCTORY OFFER! 5 HAND TIED FLIES........25 CENTS EA
POSTAGE AND HANDLING........(The mailing address was here)

This ad was the very fist ad ever ran by Cabelas...EVER!!!  Now look at that company....One persons vision with little money has ended up with fantastic results!!!

That could be you!

I am sure you get my point?  Simple ads work! Period! A world renowned retailer of outdoors.....camping/fishing/hunting etc....

Keep your ads simple

Richard T.
Offthehook67

Facebook me  http://facebook.com/offthehook67

Twitter me http://twitter.com/offthehook67

Find James here http://varoloblog.blogspot.com/

Love me by clickin the "like" buttom upper right of this page and "follow" this bottom right...